Great masterpieces deserve great talents. Young musicians selected for a path of training and in depth analysis on the Italian Opera. Study, sacrifice and research.
The Riccardo Muti Italian Opera Academy project was successfully launched in 2015.
The international call is open to conductors and répétiteurs; applications to be effective students will be evaluated by an examination board and the selected candidates will get to the in-person final admission exam with Riccardo Muti.
After the final selection, the selected candidates can actively participate to the full immersion educational experience for free. This includes:
- Introduction to the Opera at the piano by Riccardo Muti
- Opera rehearsals: readings, orchestra rehearsals, piano music rehearsals, score’s analysis
- Concert conducted by Riccardo Muti
- Young Conductors’ concert presented by Riccardo Muti
- Attendance certificate for Conductors and Répétiteurs signed by Riccardo Muti
Any travel cost, as well as boarding and lodging costs will be at the own cost of every participant.
2021 APPLICATIONS (deadline: June 25th, 2021)
“NABUCCO” by Giuseppe Verdi – December 4th to 15th, 2021
in collaboration with Fondazione Prada, in Milan
The secrets of musical construction are passed on from Maestro to the students in a natural symbiosis leading them together to the final goal of interpretation.
At the end of the educational experience Conductors and Répétiteurs will receive a Certificate of Participation and listeners will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Both certificates will be signed by Riccardo Muti.